Constitution of SLAAJ
Sri Lanka Automobile Association in Japan (SLAAJ)
Preliminary and subject to amend by the Committee
- Name of: Sri Lanka Automobile Association in Japan
- Organization's address: To be notify
- Association and its office bearers will enjoy benefit and privileges as decided by the
committee and as governed by the provisions of the , constitution
- Commencement: This Constitution shall come into force after sanctioned by Name
of: Sri Lanka Export Automobile Association of Japan
- Authority: Reserve as decided by the committee
- Field Area: Used and new Automobile export and sale
- Affiliation: This Organization can be affiliated with and other authorities which are
- Under prevailing acts: Provisions under this Constitution are abided by the Organization Registration Act in Japan (year) and laws prevailing in Japan. Activities will be carried out by this Organization under policy guideline.
- Recognition of Organization: This Organization is a self motivated, self standing, non profit making, far from politics and Non Government Social Organization.
- Organization's seal: Organization shall have a separate seal, which should be designed by Working Committee.
- Organization denotes -: Sri Lanka Automobile Association in Japan
- Committee denotes:- -Working Committee formed under this constitution ..........
- Act denotes:-Organization Registration Act of Japan.
- Rules and Regulations denotes:-Rules and Regulations made under the current laws
in Japan to protect the best interest of membership.
- Office bearers denotes: Office bearers of this organization.
- Chairman, Vice-chairman, Member-Secretary, Secretary, Treasurer and Member
denotes:- -Chairman, Vice- chairman, Member-Secretary, Secretary, Treasurer and
Members of this organization.
- Local Authority denotes:- Central District Officer
- As Prescribed denotes:- Prescribed as in the Rules and Regulations under this
- Meeting denotes :- -General Meeting under this constitution.
- For trade development, between Sri Lanka and Japan with the participation through
- To operate result oriented program to address in the used car industry in Japan.
- To develop mutual relationship with car dealers and other parties.
- To cooperate in managing laws and other issues with Sri Lankan government.
- To cooperate in coordination with other local and international organizations
- To lunch the awareness program in the field of automobile industry, spare part and
- To emphasis in developing trade link, through lunching appropriate programs.
- To lunch awareness program among the new members and the general public.
- To cooperate the related authority in preserving public interest in the industry.
- To participate in local and international development of trade through discuss and
interactions among the membership and others.
- To activate in preserving consumer's rights under consumer preservation act in Japan.
- To participate in other trade developing activities with related agency to protect the
best interest of the industry and membership
- Membership drives organizing special programs as decided by the committee
- Educational and promotional program of the industry
- . Voice the membership and in public or other appropriate podiums
- Eligibility for the Member :- General Membership shall be provided by working committee to the person who applied for membership after paying JY.... Renewal fee shall be JY General & Associate Membership should be renewed at the end of the period.
- Associate Membership: A person or company who joined as Associate Member will get partial rights and privileges (all privileges of General Membership except issuing of Association visiting card, membership certificate, voting rights, no participation in the election of working committee).
- Honorable Member: - - Sri Lankan, Japanese nationalities having special feature can be honored as Honorable Member by the General Meeting. A person who is a member of a club, organization etc. but has only partial rights and privileges
- Members should be either registered automobile dealers in Japan with a presence in
Japan and Sri Lanka
- Member should have proven experience in the used car export business
- Should carry high personnel integrity, and credibility
- Members who has convicted by Japanese law enforcement authority for any criminal
offences can apply for the membership however the eligibility will be deemed decided
by the committee with dully signed by the Chairman or vice Chairman.
- All types of Membership shall be provided by the decision of working committee after
receiving prescribed application form. If working committee rejects any application
for membership, the reason of rejection of membership shall be notified to the
- All members should follow the provisions under the constitution and should abide by
the Civil law in Japan. No member will entitle for special privilege being a member of
the Sri Lanka Automobile Exporters Association in Japan.
- No member will treat in adequately due to any physical disability, color or race. Any
dispute will resolve at the committee level. Any grievances should address to the
Chairman through the Secretary of the Association
General Meeting, Working Committee and other Committee
- General Members and Life-long Members can be participated in General Meeting.
Founder Member should also take any of these two memberships for General
- General Meeting shall be supreme body of the organization.
- The presence of 51% members, except specific provision available, shall be
deemed to constitute a quorum of the General Meeting. If quorum is not sufficient,
the General Meeting called soon after 7 days, the presence of 33% of members shall
be deemed to constitute a quorum. Except specific provision available in constitution
simple majority decision shall be authentic. General Meeting shall be 2 kinds, e.g.
Annual General Meeting and Specific General Meeting.
- ) Annual General Meeting shall be held by the end of October every year, place,
date and time fixed by the Working Committee.
- Decision was made by the majority of Working Committee or written demand by
1/3 members of general meeting, within 21 days from such decision was made or
demanded Specific General Meeting shall take place. The written notice should be
issued to every member 7 days before from the date of such Annual or Specific
General Meeting holding.
- Only the members in the association for more than 1 Year can be elected for the
main positions such as President, Secretary and Treasurer.
- Functions, Duties and Powers of the General Meeting
- To hold election of Working Committee.
- To terminate the office bearers and members from the Working Committee by
passing the motion of no-confidence.
- To pass the necessary Rules, to create vacancies, to fix remuneration under the
- To pass the yearly program and respective budget.
- To appoint the auditor.
- To give necessary direction to the Working Committee.
- To perform necessary works of organization acting as supreme body.
- Formation of the Working Committee
- The following Office bearers shall be elected from General Members for the working
Committee for the 2 years of working duration.
- Chairman ......1
- Vice-chairman ......1
- Member-Secretary ......1
- Secretary ......1
- Treasurer ......1
- Members ......2
- Total ......7
- Concerning of becoming the post vacant - in case of the post of Chairman, General
Meeting will be called and only for that post election shall be held. Concerning other
Office bearers and members the Working Committee shall nominate from the
General Meeting Members
- Functions, Duties and Powers of Working Committee
- Following the provisions under the constitution, to get in actions the decisions
made on General Meeting.
- To submit annual program and budget of organization in General Meeting.
- Operating the programs in favor of organization
- Maximum utilization of available means and resources to fulfill organization's objectives.
- Responsible in favor of General Meeting.
- For its working duration, to form advisor committee, other committees and subcommittees
with appropriate person and size and to allocate jobs for them.
- To operate the organization's activities, preparing of work plan, collecting of
resources, operating, supervising, evaluating, monitoring etc.
- Preserving of organization's assets and managing its income and expenses
- Selection of staffs, allocating responsibility and supervising them as per approved
- To play leading role of the organization.
- Meeting of the Working Committee
- Meeting of the working committee shall be held once a month on the date and
time fixed by chairman.
- Written demand by the majority of working committee members, chairman shall
call for meeting anytime within 15 days from such demand.
- 51% of members shall be deemed to constitute a quorum of the working
committee and majority decision shall be authentic.
- Other Committees: Other committees and sub-committees can be formed as per necessity under
constitution by Working Committee.
Functions, Duties and Powers of the Office Bearers
- To chair the meeting of the committee and to operate it.
- To give decisive vote.
- To take place of representative of organization or to appoint representative.
- To take leadership of organization.
- To give direction to Member-Secretary for calling necessary meetings.
- Allocating job and duties to the other office bearers or members.
- Attesting the records
- To assist the chairman.
- To fulfill the duties assigned by the chairman.
- To perform the functions of the Chairman in his absence.
- To take care of secretariat of organization and operating it.
- To call meetings with the guidance from the chairman.
- Resignation of Chairman through Vice-chairman and other Office Bearers or Members through Chairman can be accepted by Working Committee
- Fund: There will be a fund including all movable and immovable assets of the
organization, which account shall be updated through prevailing laws.
- Economic Source: - - Economic Sources of organization shall be as follows.
- Membership fees and renewal fees of members.
- Donations, gifts, grants etc received from different personnel, organizations, governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Operation of Bank account: - Joint Account of organization shall be opened in
authorized local bank and it shall be operated by two office bearers, one will be
either Chairman or Member - Secretary and another will be Treasurer.
- Auditing: - Account of the organization shall be audited by the auditor, authorized by
HMG, within 2 months after completion of every fiscal year. The audit report shall be
submitted to Local Authority, SWC and other related agencies.
- Provision relating to Election:
- The Election of new Working Committee shall be done within 6 months, from the date of organization registered and it shall be notified to Local Authority.
- The Working Committee shall form an Election Committee for the election purpose in every 2 years. Election Committee shall elects the Working Committee from the general and life-long members of general meeting under prevailing provisions regarding election.
- Work plan of Election committee shall manage itself.
- The decisions of Election Committee regarding election will be final.
- Election Committee shall be dissolved itself after election process completed.
- Fulfillment of vacant post shall be filled for the remaining period only.
- Submission of the motion of no-confidence:
- Written motion of no-confidence on any office bearers or member of the organization can be submitted in the general meeting with reasons, by 1/4 of general meeting members. In this case General Meeting shall be called immediately. Written notification of motion of no-confidence shall be issued to concerned office bearer or member and 7 days time duration shall be provided to give clarification comment on it. If the motion of no-confidence passed by 2/3 of total general meeting member, the office bearer or member shall be terminated from such post. Motion of no- confidence cannot be submitted on anybody whose elected duration was not crossed over 6 months, or to whom the motion of no confidence failed not crossed over 6 months. If Chairman terminated from the post, re-election shall be done, concerning other office bearers or members another person shall be nominated according to this constitution.
- Amendment of constitution:
- Amendment proposal of any section or sub-section of constitution can be submitted to Working Committee by any office bearer or member of working committee or member of general meeting according to organization registration act in Japan. If such amendment proposal was accepted by the Working committee, it shall be proposed on General Meeting. If the amendment proposal passed by 2/3 of total general meeting member, such amended constitution come into force after taking permission from Local Authority.
- Incase of unable to run the organization, or by any other reason decision for dissolution shall be made by general meeting. Thus, by any reason if organization was dissolved all the assets of organization after clearing liabilities, shall be transferred to HMG.
- If any clause of section or sub-section of constitution was against the prevailing law, in Japan such clause shall be terminated automatically.
- All the activities of the organization written in constitution will be carried out under policy direction.
- The final rights for explanation of this constitution shall be held by working committee.
- Maintaining of confidential matter:
- Any office bearer or member should not act against the favor of the organization and should not open the confidential matter of the organization. Office bearer or member of the working committee and member of general meeting should not use uncivilized or vulgar words in any meeting or seminar.
- Activities of this organization shall be carried out far from any political actions.
- Making of Rules:
- Necessary Rules can be made by working committee under this constitution and such Rules come into force after permission from Local Authority.